There’s a shock for Essie (Kaye Wragg) in tonights Holby City when a woman comes to Keller asking for Essie’s late husband, Raf. She’s obviously keeping secrets and doesn’t even give her real name – but why is she in Holby and what’s her connection with Raf?
AAU is busier than usual with Serena and Cameron away, and Ric (Hugh Quarshie) and Zav (Marcus Griffiths) have their hands full. After a promising start, Zav begins to suspect that all isn’t well with Ric. When he questions him, Ric gets angry – but is he hiding something? And Nicky (Belinda Owusu) has to deal with a frightening situation when Evan (Jack Ryder) reappears. Here are all the spoilers to look out for.
1. It’s an emotional episode for Essie when a woman comes to the hospital asking for Raf. She’s in pain and Dominic (David Ames) admits her to the ward, where he and Essie realise they have to tread very carefully so they don’t scare her off. But what’s her connection with Raf? Has she previously been treated by him as she claims, or is there more to it?
2. In an under-pressure AAU, Zav is doing his best to support Ric, but Donna (Jaye Jacobs) finds herself stuck in the middle as her old friend Ric and her boyfriend Zav keep finding themselves at loggerheads. And then Ric vanishes from the busy ward.
3. Kian (Ramin Karimloo) realises that Nicky still doesn’t have confidence in herself as a doctor and tends to always check with her seniors that she’s doing the right thing. So he sets her a massive challenge. Will Nicky rise to the occasion?
4. Fletch (Alex Walkinshaw) confides in Kian about his relationship with Ange (Dawn Steele) – but it’s Evan who threatens to come between the two of them. Will Evan’s manipulative ways create conflict for Flange?
5. Relations between Ric and Zav reach crisis point when Zav thinks that Ric is about to make a mistake in theatre and intervenes. Ric is furious – but is Zav right to be concerned? Should we be worried about Ric?
6. Nicky gets the fright of her life when Evan suddenly appears at her flat. Why is he there? And is Nicky in danger?
7. Essie tells the mystery patient on Keller that she was Raf’s wife. Eventually the woman begins to trust Essie and opens up to her – and makes a huge request. She wants Essie to take her baby daughter. How will Essie react?