If you assume Guinness is just for older males retiring to the pub you’d be oh so improper – simply ask Duchess Kate! By including the velvet bitterness of Guiness to a chocolate cake you heighten the wealthy flavour of chocolate taking it to that additional stage. This recipe is whole with a candy white icing bringing all of it in combination and making the cake resemble its stout counterpart – thick and darkish with a white creamy head. This is one indulgent chocolate cake you can not fail to see.
Fancy attempting this chocolate Guinness cake? Why no longer acquire your fellow tea drinkers and cake munchers and sign-up to host your individual Coffee Morning which takes position on 27 September in toughen of Macmillan’s Cancer Support!
Watch make the Guinness cake underneath and scroll down for the recipe…
Preparation time: 30 mins, Cooking time: 45-60 mins, Serves: 12
For the cake
- 250ml Guinness
- 250g Unsalted butter
- 75g Cocoa powder
- 400g Caster sugar
- 150ml Sour cream
- 2 massive Eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 275g Plain flour
- 2½ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
For the icing
- 300g Cream cheese
- 150g Icing sugar
- 2 tsp Cornflour
- 125ml Double cream (or whipping cream)
1. Preheat the oven to fuel mark 4/180°C/160°C Fan/350ºF, and line a 23cm /9-inch springform tin.
2. Pour the Guinness into a big saucepan, upload the butter and warmth till melted, then whisk within the cocoa and sugar.
3. Beat the bitter cream with the eggs and vanilla after which pour into the pan and in the end whisk within the flour and bicarbonate of soda.
4. Pour the cake batter into the greased and coated tin and bake for 45 mins to an hour. Leave to chill utterly within the tin on a cooling rack.
5. For the icing, whip the cream cheese till clean, sieve over the icing sugar and cornflour after which beat to mix.
6. If the usage of double cream, upload it and beat till you have a spreadable consistency. If the usage of whipping cream, whisk into comfortable peaks, then upload more or less 1 / 4 into the cream cheese combination and as soon as this is blended, fold in the remainder.
7. Ice the highest of the cake and voila, you have a showstopper Guinness cake to your visitors to experience.
Macmillan’s Coffee Morning takes position on Friday 27 September and we want your lend a hand to toughen the rising choice of other folks dwelling with most cancers throughout the United Kingdom. Sign up at