The extremely anticipated Frozen and Star Wars movies will assist drive the UK’s £1bn Christmas toy market this 12 months, say specialists,
The Toy Retailers Association mentioned DVD releases of Toy Story 4 and Avengers: Endgame are additionally predicted to affect sales, alongside long-time favourites Barbie, Peppa Pig and Paw Patrol.
The annual high 12 Dream Toys checklist contains the Frozen 2 Into the Unknown Elsa Doll (£39.99) and the Toy Story 4 True Talkers (£17.99) figures.
Toy market analyst Frederique Tutt mentioned: “Christmas is price £1bn to the UK toy trade, that is 30% of annual income being generated in the previous few weeks of the 12 months.
“With Star Wars Episode 9 and Frozen 2 on the cinema and the DVD launch of Toy Story 4 and Avengers Endgame, we anticipate greater than £1 out of £10 to be spent on film-related toys.”
The Dream Toys checklist is compiled by main retailers and toy specialists
It is notable for the variety of licensed merchandise however the pattern for “surprise” and “reveal” toys additionally stays sturdy, with LOL Surprise! nonetheless the preferred collectable for the second 12 months operating.
The high 12 checklist, in alphabetical order
- Barbie Dreamplane Playset – £79.99
- Blume Dolls – £9.99
- Frozen 2 Into the Unknown Elsa Doll – £39.99
- Harry Potter Knight Bus – £34.99
- LOL Surprise! 2-in-1 Glamper – £99.99
- Nerf Elite Fortnite SP-L – £19.99
- Owleez – £49.99
- Paw Patrol Mighty Pups Super Paws Mighty Jet Command Centre – £59.99
- Peppa Pig Peppa’s Stage Playset – £39.99
- Rizmo – £59.99
- Ryan’s World Super Surprise Safe – £44.99
- Toy Story 4 True Talkers – £17.99