Tofu is a type of elements that puzzles the perfect of individuals – how on earth do you make the slimy white block into a tasty meat-free substitute? Well, we have got the reply! This mango and tofu curry is a scrumptious solution to incorporate tofu into your meals and lower your meat consumption. You’d be forgiven for pondering this high-protein meat substitute was really the actual factor on this gorgeously vibrant dish! Trust us, curry night time simply got 1000x higher – you’ll be able to thank us later.
MANGO TOFU CURRY
Serves 4, Preparation time 15-20 minutes, Cooking time 30 minutes
• 1 tbsp coconut oil
• 2 tsp mustard seeds
• 2 tbsp dried curry leaves
• 1 tsp turmeric
• 1 onion, peeled
• 2 x 400g pots of Nature’s Finest mango
• 1 x 400ml tin coconut milk
• 1 pink chilli (elective)
• 2 cloves garlic, peeled
• Thumb sized piece of contemporary ginger, peeled
• 200/7oz agency tofu, diced
• 25g/1oz floor almonds
• Salt and freshly floor black pepper
• Cooked rice and/or naan breads/flatbread, to serve
1. Melt the coconut oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds, curry leaves and turmeric and prepare dinner for a couple minutes. Meanwhile, thinly slice the onion and add to the pan. Cook for round 5 minutes, till gentle and translucent.
2. Once the onion is gentle, drain one pot of the mango and place in a blender or meals processor with the coconut milk, chilli, garlic and ginger. Blitz till clean.
Add to the pan and prepare dinner for 15-20 minutes over a mild warmth.
3. Drain the second pot of mango and add to the pan. Add the tofu to the panand prepare dinner for 5 minutes till the tofu items have swelled a little. Stir within the floor almonds to thicken. Season to style and serve with further chilli slices and rice or breads, if preferred.