Some of the extra notable stadiums the place Verizon’s 5G service is offered embody Empower Field, CenturyLink Field, Gillette Stadium and Lucas Oil Stadium, properties of the Denver Broncos, Seattle Seahawks, New England Patriots and Indianapolis Colts respectively. See the complete listing beneath:
- Bank of America Stadium (Carolina Panthers)
- Empower Field at Mile High (Denver Broncos)
- CenturyLink Field (Seattle Seahawks)
- Ford Field (Detroit Lions)
- Gillette Stadium (New England Patriots)
- Hard Rock Stadium (Miami Dolphins)
- Lucas Oil Stadium (Indianapolis Colts)
- MetLife Stadium (New York Giants and New York Jets)
- M&T Bank Stadium (Baltimore Ravens)
- NRG Stadium (Houston Texans)
- Soldier Field (Chicago Bears)
- U.S. Bank Stadium (Minnesota Vikings)
At launch, Verizon says followers will largely find a way to benefit from its 5G community whereas within the seating space of every stadium. A number of that has to do with the character of mmWave spectrum Verizon is utilizing. Unlike LTE and Sub-6GHz, mmWave usually cannot penetrate onerous surfaces like concrete. Its vary can also be minimal. Those disadvantages are what makes a stadium deployment so interesting to carriers that need to promote shoppers on 5G. Open-air sports activities stadiums are one of many few locations the place a mmWave deployment is sensible since there’s sufficient density to justify constructing out all of the small cells which might be required to blanket even a small space with 5G coverage.
In July, Verizon expanded its 5G community to embody elements of Atlanta, Detroit, Indianapolis and Washington, DC. The service at the moment plans to launch 5G in additional than 30 cities nationwide. Today’s enlargement brings the service nearer to that aim.