Jirachi is now available in Pokemon Go, but players will need to complete a long Special Research quest to get it. Yesterday, Pokemon Go announced that it had added a new Special Research quest to obtain the Mythical Pokemon Jirachi, a Steel/Psychic-type Pokemon known for its ability to grant wishes. Jirachi was first added to this game over the summer as a reward for attendees of the various Pokemon Go Fest events, but now all players can obtain this special Pokemon and add it to their collection.
As with Mew and Celebi, players will need to complete a number of different tasks as part of the “A Thousand-Year Slumber” task, which is split into seven parts. Pokemon Go players have already reached Stage 6 of the research quest. While the seventh and final stage won’t be available until next week (as one of the task requires players to spin Poke Stops for seven straight days), it’s expected that the final task involves encountering and capturing Jirachi and obtaining Candies for the Pokemon and/or XP.
Here’s the Special Research Quests tasks for “A Thousand Year Slumber.” We’ll update this list with the final task when they become available:
Stage 1: Rewards: 1 Mossy Lure, 1 Magnetic Lure, and 1 Glacial Lure
- Catch 25 Pokemon (Reward: 1000 XP)
- Spin 10 PokeStops or Gyms (Reward: Jigglypuff encounter)
- Make 3 New Friends (Reward: Feebas encounter)
Stage 2: Rewards: 2000 Stardust, 10 Regular Pokeballs, 3 Lures
- Catch 3 Whimsur (Reward: 10 Whimsur Candy)
- Evolve a Feebas (Reward: 1500 XP)
- Gold Hoenn Medal (Reward: 1500 XP)
Stage 3: Rewards: 20 Silver Pinap Berries, 3 Star Pieces, 2000 Stardust
- Take a snapshot of Loudred (Reward: Snorlax encounter)
- Make 3 Great Throws in a row (Reward: 2000 XP)
- Earn 3 Candies walking with your Buddy (Reward: 2000 XP)
Stage 4: Rewards: 1 Fast TM, 1 Charged TM, 1 Premium Raid Pass
- Catch 50 Psychic- or Steel-type Pokemon (Reward: 2500 XP)
- Power up Pokemon 10 times (Reward: 2500 XP)
- Send 10 Gifts to Friends (Reward: 2500 XP)
Stage 5: Rewards: 3 Rare Candies, 20 Ultra Balls, 3000 Stardust
- Battle a team leader 3 times (Reward: Kricketune encounter)
- Win against another Trainer 7 times (Reward: 3000 XP)
- Win 5 Raids (Reward: 3000 XP)
Stage 6: Rewards: 10 Silver Pinap Berries, 10 Star Pieces, 5000 Stardust
- Take 5 photos of Steel- or Psychic-type Pokemon (Reward: Chimecho encounter)
- Make 3 Excellent Curveball Throws (Reward: Bronzong encounter)
- Spin a PokeStop 7 days in a row (Reward: 4,000 XP)
Exciting news, Pokemon fans — A Wild Podcast Has Appeared, the official Pokemon podcast of ComicBook.com, is here! Check it out by clicking here or listen below.
On today’s episode, we’re reminded just how big the Pokemon brand is. We’re also talking Gene Simmons and what he had to say about his new Pokemon counterpart as well as what Pokemon we want to see get a regional form in Pokemon Sword and Shield! Make sure to subscribe now to never miss an episode!