The 2019 WWE Draft will formally start on Friday Night SmackDown this week on the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas this week, and WWE slowly started releasing particulars concerning the Draft on Thursday afternoon. On high of a press launch explaining a few of the guidelines and a listing of which celebrities can be there, the corporate introduced through WWE.com that SmackDown would open with a match between Universal Champion Seth Rollins (representing Raw) and Roman Reigns (representing SmackDown). Whoever win earns the No. 1 general decide in for their respective present.
After teaming with Daniel Bryan to beat Luke Harper and Erick Rowan at Hell in a Cell, it seems like Reigns is lastly shifting on from his weird months-long storyline surrounding Rowan as his thriller attacker.
BREAKING: @WWERollins (representing #RAW) will face @WWERomanReigns (representing #SmackDown) within the opening match of Friday Night #SmackDown on @FOXTV for the rights to the primary general decide within the #WWEDraft!https://t.co/7ZpBcJzHLB
— WWE (@WWE) October 10, 2019
Meanwhile Friday’s present will mark the primary time Rollins has appeared on tv since he was booed out of the constructing for how the end to his Hell in a Cell math with Bray Wyatt ended on Sunday evening. Neither Rollins nor Wyatt appeared throughout Monday Night Raw‘s broadcast this week, and the match wasn’t talked about till nicely into the third hour of the present. WWE even went as far as to have the referee of the match put out a press release explaining why he threw out the match as soon as Rollins tried utilizing a sledgehammer.
“With Bray motionless, and Seth clearly doing whatever it was going to take to win that match … I had to think of the competitor’s safety and at that moment, I did what I thought was best,” Rod Zapata wrote in his assertion.
Here’s how WWE described the foundations of the Draft in Thursday’s press launch:
- “Over 70 Superstars, in addition to tag groups, are eligible for choice on this 12 months’s WWE Draft
- SmackDown will draft 30 Superstars, and Raw will choose one other 41 Superstars
- Since SmackDown is a two-hour present and Raw is a three-hour present, for each two picks SmackDown makes, Raw will obtain three
- Tag groups will depend as one decide until FOX or USA Network particularly desires to select just one Superstar from the staff
- Any undrafted Superstars will instantly be declared free brokers and in a position to signal with the model of their selecting.”