The preliminary response to the announcement of a horror film getting a remake is a defensive one from the horror group, however within the case of 1988’s The Blob, many followers suppose that movie’s effectiveness surpasses the accomplishments of the unique. Largely due to the developments in particular results expertise, the movie from director Chuck Russell was capable of take the considerably tacky sci-fi premise of an ever-expanding slime and switch it right into a gory and grotesque expertise stuffed with all-time nice results sequences. The remake is getting a Collector’s Edition Blu-ray from Scream Factory on October 29th with a formidable array of particular options.
The Blob is again on this horrific story a couple of vile, malignant life-form that crashes to Earth in a comfy, rural American city referred to as Arborville. Untroubled by conscience or mind, the Blob does just one factor – and it does it nicely. It eats something and every part that strikes: males, girls, and kids. And tonight it needs to swallow the city of Arborville. The unique model of The Blob thrilled and terrified audiences again within the 1950s. Now the oozing, gooey killer is again with an entire new high-tech look. What was as soon as solely instructed now involves life with state-of-the-art particular results within the custom of such thrilling remakes as The Thing and The Fly.
The Blu-ray’s particular options are as follows:
- NEW Audio Commentary With Director Chuck Russell, Special Effects Artist Tony Gardner, And Cinematographer Mark Irwin, Moderated By Filmmaker Joe Lynch
- NEW Audio Commentary With Actress Shawnee Smith
- NEW It Fell From The Sky! – An Interview With Director Chuck Russell
- NEW We Have Work To Do – An Interview With Actor Jeffrey DeMunn
- NEW Minding The Diner – An Interview With Actress Candy Clark
- NEW They Call Me Mellow Purple – An Interview With Actor Donovan Leitch Jr.
- NEW Try To Scream! – An Interview With Actor Bill Moseley
- NEW Shot Him! – An Interview With Cinematographer Mark Irwin
- NEW The Incredible Melting Man – An Interview With Special Effects Artist Tony Gardner
- NEW Monster Math – An Interview With Special Effects Supervisor Christopher Gilman
- NEW Haddonfield To Arborville – An Interview With Production Designer Craig Stearns
- NEW The Secret Of The Ooze – An Interview With Mechanical Designer Mark Setrakian
- NEW I Want That Organism Alive! – An Interview With Blob Mechanic Peter Abrahamson
- NEW Gardner’s Grue Crew – Behind-The-Scenes Footage Of Tony Gardner And His Team
- Audio Commentary With Director Chuck Russell, Moderated By Film Producer Ryan Turek
- Theatrical Trailers
- TV Spot
- Still Gallery
You can head to Scream Factory’s web site to preorder the Blu-ray forward of its October 29th launch.
Will you be including this movie to your assortment? Let us know within the feedback beneath or hit up @TheWolfman on Twitter to speak all issues horror and Star Wars!