British terror suspect Alexanda Amon Kotey, who was accused of beheading Western hostages for Islamic State, has pleaded responsible to eight costs in a US federal courtroom.
Kotey, who grew up in London, appeared on the US District Court docket in Alexandria, Virginia, the place he pleaded responsible to:
• 4 counts of hostage taking leading to dying
• Conspiracy to commit hostage taking leading to dying
• Conspiracy to homicide United States residents outdoors the US
• Conspiracy to supply materials assist to terrorists – hostage taking and homicide – leading to dying
• Conspiracy to supply materials assist to a delegated international terrorist organisation leading to dying
District Choose TS Ellis learn out the fees and informed Kotey he confronted life in jail after the US authorities agreed to not search the dying penalty as a part of a deal to safe his extradition.
Kotey stated he understood.
The 37-year-old was considered one of 4 IS militants nicknamed “the Beatles” by their captives because of their accents.
The group was made up of ringleader Mohammed Emwazi (generally known as Jihadi John), Aine Davis, El Shafee Elsheikh and Kotey.
They have been accused of murdering a variety of Western and Japanese captives, together with Britons Alan Henning and David Haines.
The slayings have been extensively broadcast in graphic element.
Relations of the American victims – journalist James Foley, journalist Steven Sotloff and assist staff Peter Kassig and Kayla Mueller – have been at courtroom however prosecutors stated they didn’t want to converse.