A fireplace erupted at Tottenham Hotspur’s residence floor this morning, forcing 300 folks to be evacuated.
The small blaze began at round 10am because of the ignition of an air compressor in one of many kitchens.
Luckily an electrician managed to rapidly put it out with an extinguisher, however the smoke alarm had already been set off.
This meant an emergency evacuation nonetheless needed to be carried out and 300 folks needed to go away the nine-storey venue in north London.
In an announcement, the soccer membership mentioned: ‘Following quite a few inaccurate and sensationalist stories, we will affirm that Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is operational as regular after a small fireplace, brought on by an air compressor, broke out in one of many kitchens this morning.
‘The hearth was contained to a really small space and rapidly put out with a fireplace extinguisher by the primary person on the scene.
‘The constructing was briefly evacuated as per commonplace security procedures following the triggering of the hearth alarm system, whereas a London Hearth Brigade crew attended the stadium and carried out a security inspection earlier than departing the scene.’
Get in contact with our information crew by emailing us at [email protected].
For extra tales like this, check our news page.