The Duke of York has said he is ‘appalled’ by the recent sex abuse claims surrounding his former friend Jeffrey Epstein.
Prince Andrew released a statement after new footage emerged showing him inside the convicted paedophile’s Manhattan mansion in 2010.
The video, obtained by the Mail on Sunday, was reportedly shot on December 6 of that year, around the time he was photographed with the disgraced billionaire in New York’s Central Park.
It shows the duke peering out from behind a large door of the mansion waving goodbye to a woman after Epstein steps out and into a chauffeur-driven car.
Buckingham Palace released a statement saying Prince Andrew is ‘appalled’ by the claims surrounding his former friend, adding that any ‘suggestion he would condone, participate in or encourage any such behaviour is abhorrent’.
It read: ‘The Duke of York has been appalled by the recent reports of Jeffrey Epstein’s alleged crimes.
‘His Royal Highness deplores the exploitation of any human being and the suggestion he would condone, participate in or encourage any such behaviour is abhorrent.’
Prince Andrew has been dogged by accusations of a lack of judgment about his links with Epstein.
He quit his role as UK trade envoy amid the fallout from the Central Park photos.
Buckingham Palace has issued strong denials over claims from a woman who said she was forced to have under-age sex with the royal.
Virginia Roberts alleged in court papers in Florida that she was forced to have sex with Prince Andrew when she was 17, which is under the age of consent in the state.
She claimed she had sex with the prince ‘three times, including one orgy’ in London, at Epstein’s New York home, and at an ‘orgy’ on his private island in the Caribbean.
But Buckingham Palace has branded the allegations ‘false and without any foundation’, stating: ‘Any suggestion of impropriety with under-age minors’ by the duke was ‘categorically untrue’.
Epstein, 66, killed himself in his New York jail cell earlier this month after being charged with sex trafficking.